Air caster type
Moving extremely heavy objects such as for example machines with the power of our Polyurethane Air Casters!
Because we let air escape in a controlled way this makes it possible to move heavy weights with a Polyurethane Air Caster, in a safe and ergonomic way. Air casters is a type of internal transport also known as Air Skate, Air Bearing Caster, Air cushion or Air Bearings. Air casters are extremely suitable for internal transport movements of extremely heavy objects. This is the reason why Air casters have been used for decades within various industries.
There are two pillars that determine the capacity per Air caster; the size of the Air caster combined with the working pressure. Keep in mind that you will always need a minimum of 3 Air casters to ensure stability. However, there are no restrictions in the number of Air casters that can be combined, so you can easily scale up to the desired weight to be moved.
Is a machine or module being moved more often? Then it can make sense to mount Air casters permanently under the machine or module. Aerofilm Polyurethane Air casters have been a proven technology for this for decades. Our Air casters are ideal for fixed mounting under a machine, module, or other weight. This is due to its wear-free character and low air consumption. They are designed for very intensive use and can be used 24/7. When used correctly, the casters can last for years.
To explain the technology, we often refer to air hockey or a Hovercraft. Once the object is floating on a thin layer of air it can easily be moved. The higher the working pressure in the Torus shaped membrane, the higher the capacity of the Air caster. The volume of air needed to move the object is determined by the type of Air caster and the quality of the ground. Talk to one of our specialists to see which solution can simplify your internal transport.
Like almost all products, Air casters needs replacement from time to time. Aerofilm Systems is a specialist in Air casters since 1981 and can help you with the replacement of Air casters. We have the expertise to replace most Air casters, including those from competitors. This will lead to a significant reduction in cost and with a comparable quality or even better. In combination with our excellent service and short delivery times, we can already achieve cost savings for your internal transport in a short period of time.
Are you curious about the competitive prices we can offer? We can make you a tailor-made offer, just tell us what type of Air caster you are currently using.
Air casters can be integrated in your machine or equipment, but we also have different types of standard solutions.
– Air caster load module system. Everything you need in a complete set. Ideal for moving heavy objects.
– Air caster planks. 2 planks, each with 2 Air casters, an ideal tool for moving machines or stages.
– Air caster pallet. Easy maneuvering with the reinvented Air caster-based pallet truck.
Speak to one of our specialists to see how we can integrate Air caster within your production.
Benefits of Air Casters
– Economical. Cost effective solutions compared to other internal logistics options.
– Safe. Due to the high degree of control over the object to be moved with extremely high weights.
– Ergonomic. The air reduces friction so relatively little force is required.
– Accurate. Movements of extreme high weights is no obstacle.
– No damage to the floor. Damages occurs due to contact of object with the floor, air prevents this contact when used correctly.